What's a Green Business?
Corporate Structure: S Corp
Cage Code: OAGTO
EIN No: 33-0324936
DUNS No: 048920961
UL Number: E82127
CSA Listing: 185226
Central Contractor Registration: VALID
423610 Electrical Apparatus
& Equipment, Wiring
Supplies, and Related
5063 Electrical, Wiring
Green businesses operate in ways that solve, rather than cause, both environmental and social problems. These businesses adopt principles, policies, and practices that improve the quality of life for their customers, their employees, communities, and the environment. Green business is more than a good idea; it's a practical and powerful way to help create a more just and environmentally sustainable economy. How is DANBRU doing our part?
At Danbru we feel that it is important to keep our valued customers up to date and informed on changes in our industry. The objective of this webpage is to provide our customers with a general understanding of Danbru's commitment to do our part as an Industry Leader. Recent global initiatives like Europe's WEEE, RoHS, and even more locally like California's EWRA, have put environmental issues center stage. In today's world, the environment continues to be in the forefront of popular discussion. As DANBRU readies to enter our fourth decade as a leading industry distributor, we understand that taking small measures now, can mean big steps in the future! Here are some of the current green measures DANBRU is taking today: Climate Cool Thermostats
- By controlling the thermostats centrally located within our offices, we can actually reduce the amount of harmful carbon dioxide emissions. These emissions can be harmful to our environment and put our global future at risk. Recycling of Materials
- Over the years DANBRU has taken several steps in limiting the amount of waste we produce. As an organization we have cut down on the amount of paper product used by investing in numerous paperless business practices. A percentage of the boxes we purchase for shipment are recycled and every box or pallet DANBRU receives is recycled for use. Our company has also set up a collection area our employees can use to recycle aluminum, glass, and plastic. Lighting
- All of the bulbs used for lighting at DANBRU are fluorescent bulbs and are on a motion detector - automatically turning off if not needed. If every American home replaced just one light bulb with a compact fluorescent bulb, we would save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year, more than $600 million in annual energy costs, and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars. RoHS
- The worldwide focus on protecting the global environment has resulted in various programs targeted at banning environmentally damaging materials from consumer-level electronic products, and therefore from landfills. There are several voluntary and legal initiatives either in place, or in review. The most widely known of these is Europe's DIRECTIVE 2002/95/EC OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL, which outlines the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. The directive is commonly referred to as RoHS, Restriction of Hazardous Substances. Partnering with Green Suppliers
- DANBRU is strategically partnering with Preferred Suppliers that are 'Going Green'. Such programs like General Cable's 'Green Initiative' are paving the way for large suppliers to become environmentally conscious. Conclusion
As a company, DANBRU is working hard to continually provide our valued customers with the industries most superior and compliant products. Please feel free to call us if you have any questions about DANBRU GREEN
.Questions about our Certifications? Call Us at 1-800-4-DANBRU!